Saturday 24 March 2012

Week 3 Progress Model

Artist Artwork in Studio

Weiwei Artwork in Above Ground Studio



Bourgeois Artwork in Below Ground Studio



Progress Model with Textures Applied Throughout


Through the applying of textures onto my progress model I continued with my concept of transparency above the datum; using materials including glass and density below the datum; using materials involving stone. The gallery was generally textured to compliment surrounding spaces and further the overall concept of design. Created textures to be used within the model had to also correspond to concepts portrayed through design.

Gallery Texture: "Hollow"


Above Ground Studio Texture: "Reflective"


Below Ground Studio Texture: "Grainy"



Above Ground Studio with Textures


 I applied my created texture as a feature of my transparent staircase; altering the size and colour slightly to allow the texture to blend in properly. The added texture allows an abstract but intriguing view as one approaches the above ground studio.


Below Ground Studio with Textures


 I applied my created texture as a feature to the spherical walls within my 'bubbly' underground; using it to light up the space and make it more abstract and interesting therefore providing inspiration to the artist in the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment