Tuesday 22 May 2012

Getting An Elevator Working

 I followed the video tute by Russell on Sunday morning but wasnt able to get a working elevator. I was sure i had all the coding correct because i just followed Russell's directions.

 I thought i may have done something wrong so i tried again earlier today, the same result occured. I'm not sure if its a problem with where i've saved my model and if that would impact it working or not.  Here's an image of my coding; i had to assign the imput keys to the selected entity manually, im not sure if this would impact my result.


 On attempting my third go of the elevator i found that by using different keys (l and n) and reloading the script the elevator would work.





 The premise of my design is based around the concerns of controlling power and the ability one has to contain it.
 As for my crysis environment i've decided to place the two headquarters on the sides of the valley and the meeting place on the cliff face- perhaps hanging over the top of it to remind of the thin line between having controll of immense power and going off the edge with no return; as experienced if you fall off a waterfall which is immensly high. The process from the unique individual headquarters to the meeting place will be a gradual process of increased fear and loss of stable control, leading to unpredictability and large impulses of personal gain.

 I am still in the process of deciding how i want to portray my environment but am planning to recreate it with further detail and capturing the experience of getting closer to the edge of a waterfall (getting more extreme and rapid as you get closer).

2 comments:

  1. Hey Brandon :)
    Not sure if this is your problem but for the input key node, mine is still on choose entity and its fine. That's the only difference I see between yours and mine hahaha (i followed russell's tute too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, i figured it out in the end. I still dont know whats wrong but when i changed keys to l and n it suddenly started working.

      Delete